Self Assessment 1:
1. Overview of Things Learned:
- Set up a discourse on my computer using Windows Subsystem for Linux (Ubuntu)
- Reviewed basics of review (variables, classes, dictionaries, arrays etc.)
- Went through the full Ruby tutorial.
- WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux)
- Problem-solving skills: Researched online on finding the solutions to my problem through google search and youtube.
- Familiarize myself with Ruby
2. Achievement Highlights:
- Successfully installed Discourse.
- Reviewed Ruby by following along and taking notes on YouTube video
3. Tasks Completed:
- Installed WSL (Ubuntu) using Windows Insider Program. Install necessary packages to get the Rails environment ready. Setup database and bootstrap discourse. My WSL wasn’t working properly when started the rail server using the command provided. After pressing enter several times, I was able to download discourse meta.
- Watched tutorials provided by the mentor and practiced coding at the same time. I have finished part of the second video, which is 4 hours long.