Learn the fundamental skills necessary and
develop a passion for future explorations in bioinformatics.
- This is a pilot project which will help evolve the Mentor Chains® platform. In addition to the display of technical and soft skills through the 1-click® Resume, participants can elect to be showcased on our social media pages.
- Project Ramp-Up
Study the history of and biology behind the transcriptomics revolution, from microarrays to next-generation sequencing to the future of thirdgeneration sequencers. Learning Resources.
- Master Bioinformatics Analysis
Perform introductory bioinformatics analysis on datasets from the Gene Expression Omnibus (GEO). Use GEO2R to perform differential expression analysis. Those familiar with R statistical computing environment may choose to retrieve the datasets directly from GEO and perform the analysis in R.
- Research a specific disease
Study a disease of your choosing or work with the disease picked by the project lead. Perform KEGG enrichment analysis in R and visualize their results. Probe the therapeutic relevance of your findings via literature searches.
- Literature Survey
- Leadership & Mentoring (project & task leads)
- Prior experience with Bioinformatics & R required for project leads.
- Participation in the related webinar.
- If you missed the webinar, watch the recorded STEMCasts® and participate in the discussions.