About this Fireside Chat:
Are you interested in computational medical applications? Dr. Christian Le Cocq shares important breakthroughs in medical research with genomics and next-generation sequencing. Dr. Le Cocq also shares the most important trait to have to be successful in STEM.
This excellent STEMCasts® episode is a community contribution.
- NGS next-gen sequencing
- How to use genomics to find cures
- Genomics and fertility
- Genomics and cancer
- How to apply computer science applications to medicine
- Anyone interested in medical innovation and genomics
- Dr. Le Cocq introduction (2 mins)
- NGS next-gen sequencing (3 mins)
- The next big genomic research questions (8 mins)
- How to handle high school to college and college to workplace transitions (6 mins)
- The important languages to know in computer science (2 mins)
- Overall advice for aspiring scientists (5 mins)
Meet the Guest:
Dr. Christian Le Cocq is a Senior Bioinformatics Scientist in the Diagnostics and Genomics Division at Agilent Technologies. In conversation is Soham Mukherjee, UC Berkeley College of Engineering.