Earmbruster1 - UX & UI Pathway

Self Assessment 1:

Things learned:

• What UX is
  • The importance of a good customer experience
  • How to conduct interviews
  • How to issue surveys
  • How to create good questions for survey’s and interviews that prompt the users to discuss their pain points
  • How to create a persona. and the importance of doing so
  • The importance of paper prototyping, how to make them, and why it is important

Three Achievements:
-Being part of the team that created the survey
-I was part of on of the first interviewed by our interview team
-I created a team communication channel (For team west) that helps our team communicate through Stemaway

List of Meetings:
I have attended every single meeting from the start of the internship, dates are all that follow: 6/2, 6/4, 6/5, 6/8, 6/11, 6/15

Goals for this week:
Learn how to digitally create prototypes, and how to properly format them so they are accurate and viable solutions to the problem posed before us.

Tasks Done:
Me and team west created a survey that was posted on Stemaway for other interns to do. I helped critique and add on to the interview questions created by team east. I created an empathy map on MURAL to help map the user experience within Stemaway. I was willing to be one of the first to be interviewed about my experiences on the Stemaway platform by team east. I helped contribute to creating the stakeholder map within MURAL.

1 Like

Self Assessment 2:

Things Learned:

• how to use Figma to create a working digital prototype
  • the importance of prototyping
  • how to effectively use survey/interview results to create a prototype that addresses the pain points of a user

Three Achievements:

1. I organized/scheduled a team meeting for creating our low-fidelity prototype
  2. I helped create the low-fidelity prototype for the Stemaway homepage
  3. I looked into a platform called outlook, to use for having users test out our prototype

List of Meetings Attended:
6/16 Team Meeting, 6/18(Figma Q&A as well as Team Meeting), 6/19 (Team Meeting),6/21(Team West Meeting for creating prototype), 6/23 (Team Meeting as well as UX&FS Team Alignment)

Goals for this week:

• To create a high-fidelity prototype
  • To observe users as they use our high fidelity prototype
  • To effectively adjust our prototype according to users feedback

Tasks Done:
I attended all our meetings regarding using Figma, and watched a youtube video about how to use Figma. I coordinated and scheduled a meeting with my teammates regarding our low fidelity prototype. Team West and I created a low-fidelity prototype. I also attended a sync meeting among UX and FS teams, which helped us receive feedback on our prototype.

Self Assessment 3:

Things Learned:

• How to create a high-fidelity prototype using Figma -Importance of reevaluating your solution to meet customer needs -importance of peer feedback on your solution

Three achievements:

1. I set up an account on lookback.io for our team to use to interview users using our solution
  2. Gave feedback and suggestions on other teammates High-fidelity prototypes 3)I created questions for our usability testing with Kenda

Meetings Attended: 6/25 (Team Meeting), 6/29 (Team Meeting), 6/30 (Team Meeting)

Goals for this week:

• Help my team fully develope our prototype to fit user needs
  • conduct user interviews using our prototype -create a slide deck to present to stakeholders
  • end my UX June session on a good note

Tasks done: I created a lookback.io account for our team to use for usability tests of our prototype. I helped contribute to the ideation and development of various elements of our different prototypes. I created questions to ask users in our usability tests with Kenda in order to accurately receive customer feedback.

Final Self Assessment:

Main Things Learned:

• the importance of using interviews/surveys to inventory customer pain points
  • how effective the design thinking process is when conducting UX research
  • how to use Figma to create a working prototype
  • the importance of having a team calendar to help with collaboration
  • how to probe questions within an interview to receive better customer feedback
  • importance of having different stages of prototyping: wireframe, paper, low fidelity, high fidelity

Top Achievements:

• organizing a meeting to design a low-fidelity prototype
  • creating survey questions that were posted on Stem-Away
  • organizing our survey results into a bullseye diagram
  • defining who our potential stakeholders are in a stakeholder map
  • suggesting providing a frequently visited portion within our website redesign
  • presenting our website redesign to stakeholders
  • being recommended to switch and promoted from observer to participant

Skills developed:

• team communication using calendars, email, etc…
  • using Figma to create prototypes
  • using MURAL to create bullseye diagrams, stakeholder maps, etc to evaluate user needs
  • how to summarize work done each week in a self assessment
  • problem solving concerning identifying customer pain points
  • how to create a persona that accurately depicts user pain points

Challenges faced:
The experience as a whole went well, and I only faced one challenge. The challenge I faced was having to wake up early each morning, at 8:00, for our meetings due to time zones barriers.

How I will use this experience:
From this experience I learned how I am good at conducting user research, and identifying their pain points. As of right now I am sure I want to do something within the business realm, and this experience has made me now more lenient towards improving the user experince. This experince was eye opening to me as well because it showed how working online with a team can be effective, and evidnetly is more convenient as it is at home. Due to this experience I am now better at checking my email many times a day, and checking and actuially using my calendar within my phone. Overall this experience has made me more mature within the business realm.