Week: 1, 2, and 3
Overview of Things Learned:
- Downloaded and understood how Quartus works and how to use the virtual board.
- Learned about FPGAs, truth tables, and logic gates. I went over the Intel Intro to FPGAs lecture and lab.
- Learned how to formulate good survey questions.
- Learned details about existing vaping detectors in the current market and how they work.
- GSuite: GMail, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Meet, Google Groups, Google Sheets, and Google Calendar
- Stem-Away Platform
- Understood LinkedIn and gave my team a presentation about LinkedIn and how to develop an effective profile.
- As more participants were added to the team, I had to be adaptive and organized, so that the new participants could catch up and know their responsibilities. So, I held extra office hours and had a separate intro meeting with new participants to get them up to speed.
- Communicated with my team through an anonymous survey to see what I could improve on. Also I communicate regularly to inform members about the week’s schedule, their responsibilities for the week, and any important updates.
- Check different communication methods daily to be available to answer any questions.
- Delegated the participants to organize the events for the happy hours.
Three Achievement Highlights
Created an open environment for team
Organized educational trainings to better understand the technical side of the internship after conversing with Intel Experts.
I was proactive and talked to Debaleena about some problems the team was having. Our solution was to increase participants. After getting more new participants, I was able to quickly organize everything and get them up to speed with the internship.
- Team Meetings: 7/14, 7/20, 7/27
- FPGA Trainings: 7/16, 7/23, 7/30
- Happy Hours: 7/17, 7/24, 7/31
- Office Hours: 7/22, 7/29, 7/31, 8/1, 8/2
- Co-Team Meeting: 8/1
- Meeting with Intel Experts: 7/20, 7/29
Goals for the Upcoming Week
- Keep encouraging participants and observers to continue to be active and feel comfortable to ask questions
- Continue growing my network and maintaining my connections