- Understand and practice more tools in Rstudio. Implementing ggplots packages and Bioconductor packages.
- Read and understand scientific paper: deepen understanding of colorectal cancer, learn how microarrays and DNA, RNA, mRNA works as well as transcriptomics.
- Github: made an account and created a Repository, learned how to push to the Repo, how to clone a Repo and Fetching the Repo, etc.
- Rstudio: understanding the layout and how to use it. Practicing with the ggplot to analyze and visualize the data.
- STEM-AWAY website: get more information for further study.
- Getting more familiar with the STEM-AWAY website and communication skill.
- Independence: Self-study is not my strength but trying to overcome the obstacles by myself helps me to build up self-esteem and be more independent.
- Achievement Highlights:
- Learned how to use Rstudio with ggplot2 to visualize the data.
- Learned how to use Github, and get useful resources from it as well as youtube and google.
- Raised my interests in bioinformatics after I read and study the introduction videos and lectures.
- Tasks Completed:
- Initially, I was not sure how and what to do in the pathway hub, and got stuck for a little while, but finally I got the resources I need and learned how to go through the problems.
- Downloaded R was not smooth at the first, but I have successfully downloaded it independently and learned how to use it after a deep search and reading.
- Joined Github.
- Deepen understanding the background of bioinformatics and Data Visualization.