Overview Tools: GEO database, GitHub, Youtube, R
- GEO database
- Getting metadata,
- Installation of Bioconductor packages
- I really wanted to go further into bioinformatics after module 1 because I had a familiarity with (already downloaded) GeoDatabase and now I practiced more with getting my metadata
- I downloaded the first dataset (GSE32323) for the expression data easily
- I could install Bioconductor packages using “BiocManager” with the help of videos from Youtube
- I didn’t have trouble with loading data into R and batch correction.
- I went ahead and created my Github account and put my username to General Introduction. Achievement Highlights
- Installing Bioconductor packages with Youtube help
- Getting metadata for batch correction
- Learned how to load data into R
Soft Skills: Getting a better understanding of bioinformatics through some reading and using geodatabase for data demonstration for gene expression
PS: I was already interested in biology but never knew this side of it. It is extremely cool to see the normal cell data visualization!