- Installing RStudio, along with packages in R
- Familiarizing myself with basic R fundamentals, such as: coding, debugging, and syntax
- Understanding how to read scientific papers
- Time Management - learning how to efficiently progress through the module, while still being able to get a good grasp of the material.
- Perseverance - Since I had no prior knowledge using RStudio or coding in R, I had to learn to persist in completing the module with the help of STEM-away and my basic coding knowledge.
- Successfully downloaded R v4.0.0, RStudio, and the two packages needed
- I was able to learn and practice navigating R.
- Able to get a basic understanding of bioinformatics and reading scientific papers.
Difficulties Completing Tasks:
- I had a little bit of trouble using the STEM-away website and locating different pathway hubs, but I eventually was able to get the hang of using this site.
- While trying to download R, I was initially downloading R v4.1.0, as it is the latest version. Eventually, I was able to figure out the issue and download the correct version, R v4.0.0.