Technical Area: R programming (coding on RStudio) and reading research papers.
Tools: RStudio, PubMed
Soft Skills: Getting familiar with the program through the STEM-AWAY website and enquiring further by asking Anya
- Downloaded RStudio successfully
- Read through the resources provided to understand more about R
- Learned about new tools in Bioinformatics in addition to ones I already know such as STRING
Tasks and Hurdles
- Installing R was a bit confusing but through further reading, I installed it easily.
- Reading through some of the resources was a little challenging due to the jargon but viewing the presentations helped ease the difficulty.
- Though I understand how data is visualized in R I still need to do it myself practically to get a deeper understanding.