- Installing RStudio, along with packages in R
- Explored ggplot2 and bioinformatics packages. Learned basic R fundamentals such as syntax and debugging.
- Understanding how to read scientific papers.
STEM-Away, RStudio, R
- Project management- learning how to effectively manage a team using different resources like Trello and Slack
- Technical Presentation- I created powerpoints for each team meeting to help direct the overall team discussion.
- Leadership and Mentoring- My co-lead and project manager had meetings to decide the best resources for managing the team. I also mentored students one-on-one when they had trouble with accessing their mentor chains accounts or with downloading R studio.
- I was able to download Rv4.0.0, RStudio, and the ggplot2 and Bioconductor packages.
- I was able to navigate R.
- I was able to get a basic understanding of bioinformatics and reading scientific papers.
- I was able to effectively manage a team and mentor students one-on-one.
Difficulties Completing Tasks:
*At first, I had problems navigating the STEM-away website and finding posts on the forum, but I feel confident in navigating the website now.