- Installed R, RStudio, and other packages.
- Became familiar with coding, debugging, and data visualization.
- Read scientific papers in an efficient yet comprehensive manner.
- Stem-Away platform
- Time management- Learned how to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Troubleshooting- Got an opportunity to develop my problem-solving skills by working through the error-filled R script.
- Communication- Interacted with people from various backgrounds which helped develop my speaking skills.
- Managed to install and code in RStudio and its various packages.
- Successfully read and summarized complex scientific papers.
- Became well-versed with concepts in bioinformatics.
- I had trouble finding the appropriate version of R. With the help of tutorials on YouTube, I was able to install the correct version.
- I followed the resources provided and became comfortable with coding.
- While importing one of the data sets, the code in the pdf wasn’t working for me. By re-reading and understanding each component, I was able to write an alternate code in order to complete the task.
- I successfully created and customized box and volcano plots using ggplot2 and EnhancedVolcano.
- I also went through the presentations on scientific reading and bioinformatics which gave me a deeper understanding of the project.