Besart — Full Stack — Self Assessment

Name: Besart Mujeci

Team: FS Team-1

Overview of things Learned — – —

Technical Area I have familiarized myself with the Ubuntu Subsystem and learned how to start a local instance of Discourse. Additionally, I learned various Git and Linux commands that allow for ease of navigation across and between GitHub and Ubuntu. Also, I have learned the syntax for Ruby. Beyond that, I understand how to install plugins and themes for Discourse on my local version.

Tools Used: Asana, Trello, Google Drive, Google Meet, Discourse, Git, GitHub, Slack, Ruby, Ubuntu

Soft Skills I have learned how to respectfully request assistance from my teammates when the need arises. Additionally, I have learned video call etiquette.

Achievement Highlights

• Learned Ruby syntax
  • Achieved relative familiarity with Linux and Git commands

Goals for Upcoming Week

• Resolve permissions issues in Ubuntu
  • Collaborate effectively with teammates regarding the modification of a select theme for Discourse

Tasks Done

• Installed Discourse
  • Attended Team Meetings
  • Watched Git Webinar
  • Examined Potential Plugins/Themes
  • Completed 8 Ruby Programming Mini-Tasks
  • Installed “Fakebook” Theme for Discourse
  • Pushed and Pulled content to and from GitHub

Overview of things Learned — – —

Technical Area Currently examining the “Fakebook” theme code, modifying it, and previewing the results in an attempt to gain a better understanding of how each segment of code, across many different files, alters the theme.

Achievement Highlights

• Resolved permissions issues with @bmaharjan’s guidance
  • Altered theme color
  • Previewed changes successfully

Goals for Upcoming Week

• Completely modify theme colors and font
  • Attempt to modify the “Fakebook” structure so as to match the wireframe layout

Tasks Done

• Pulled from GitHub repository and switched to subgroup 3’s branch
  • Re-read Discourse Theme Development Guide
  • Examined “Fakebook” Code
  • Modified some colors to begin to match STEM-Away’s theme