An Introduction to the UX Internship from a Student Lead

Hi everyone!

My name is Sarah and I’m from Ireland. I will be co-leading Team 4 with Tuhina, starting June 1st.

Some of you have expressed interest in learning a bit more about the topic before we get started which is great!

Firstly, I highly recommend viewing the UX Research and Design Webinar with Max and Rudy, which you can find in the STEM Casts section on this platform.

Secondly, as your Student Leads, I can assure you that Benjamin, our industry mentor, has us well-equipped to guide you all in UX and I look forward to putting his tips into action!

The foundations of User Experience are in the design thinking process. This is a holistic approach to problem-solving.

-We will explore the experience of the user on the STEM-Away platform in great detail before considering potential UX solutions.

-We will then create stakeholder maps, storyboards and personas to decide on our area of focus.

-Our research will be primarily qualitative, involving interviews, surveys, cognitive walkthroughs and usability testing.

-We will be developing low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes of our ideas (software TBD).

-Our last step is to test the final prototype and present our project to the stakeholders!

Please do not worry if you are unfamiliar with any of the above jargon, this internship will be a great learning experience for us all.

I look forward to embarking on this journey with you and please don’t hesitate to contact me, Tuhina or any of the Student Leads if you have any queries or questions!

Link to webinar:

1 Like