Name: Amber Wang
Team: FS Team-1
Overview of Things Learned:
Technical Area: Over the past couple of weeks, I familiarized myself with the Discourse platform and the numerous plugins that are available for both use and development. In addition, I watched the Git webinar and practiced using git through terminal commands. I also learned about the syntax of the Ruby language and how to use the project management tool Asana.
Tools Used: Ruby, Discourse, Git, Asana
Soft Skills: Since this internship is a purely virtual one, communication is extremely important. I learned to reach out for help and ask questions when I need it in order to complete my tasks efficiently.
- Downloaded and researched Discourse plugins
- Learned how to code the Ruby language
- Started to read about Discourse theme development
Goals for the Upcoming Week
- Fully familiarize myself with the ins and outs of Discourse theme development
- Begin Discourse theme development
- Learn the languages and tools needed in order to complete my tasks
- Wrote Ruby code for methods, if statements, return statements, etc.
- Added Ruby code to the drive and used git to push it up to the Github repository
- Rewatched the Git webinar
- Read about Discourse plugin development
- Read about Discourse theme development