1. An Overview of Things Learned
- HTML: I built upon my existing knowledge of HTML
- CSS: I Learnt the basics and more tools from CSS
- Ruby: I learnt the syntax and watched the tutorial videos on Ruby from the industry mentors.
- Bootstrap: I learned how to use the front end frame work more extensively.
- I learnt how to use the Google Suite Software more extensively, specifically google chat
- I learnt more of the slack application for more teamwork communication.
- I used Asana to help me keep my tasks in check.
- Time Management is big because I am also on another team as well.
- Adapting to the virtual environment
- Meeting new team members.
2. Three Achievement Highlights
- Partial Completion of the Webpage task
- Watching the Industry tutorials and implementing them on the Ruby task
- Installing discourse after a long time
3. Meeting/training Attendance
- Week 1: No Meetings, was not added to team.
- Week 2: Attended the Scrum meeting, added to team in second week
- Week 3: Discourse Demo Meeting (Watched the Recording)
4. Goals For this Week
- To finish up the web layout task and get psql working on my machine
- Complete tasks that are pending and meet with my team for AWS.
5. Details of Tasks done and Hurdles Faced
The Ruby Task:
- Made functions, loops, and other basic syntax
- Intro to ruby type of assignment
- Tasks were laid out well
*I was confused on how to code in Ruby on my machine, so I referred to more internet resources and also made sure that my code environment for ruby was set up too
- Reference to the industry mentor tutorial and more resources on google to help me get started to complete my task.
- Set up the environment on my computer
- Installing a lot of packages
- Read a lot of documentation to install it
- Some of the packages never installed properly, so I had to reinstall them and proceed with the next instructions. Some instructions took a long time for executing as there needed to be a lot of ruby files installed on my machine.
- Reference to stem away website for help and more online resources to help install discourse on my machine.