My name is Charlene Leong and I will be your project lead for the next 5 weeks on this exciting virtual internship journey and learn about BERT together.
Let’s all try to get know one another before we kick off! Please reply to this post similar to the following information to introduce yourself. Please feel free to reach me personally on email@example.com in the meantime or schedule a meeting here. You will all be assigned mentorchains emails soon, keep an eye out in the forum for the announcement!
Name: Charlene Leong
Time Zone: NZST
Where you are from: New Zealand
Preferred Team Meeting Times: Please indicate your preferred meeting time in Doodle here and select at least 2! We will meet twice a week.
Designation in the team: Project Lead
School & year / Job Title: Cloud Engineering Consultant
Experience with Machine Learning: A few research projects
What is one thing that you love most about STEM-Away: Learning and working with and people from different backgrounds and all around the world!
One interesting fact about you: I really enjoy scuba diving ~ !
Team Name Suggestion: Bertinator
Are you up for an informal conference before 1st June to get to know each other? Yes yes yes!
We will be using the following tools to collaborate throughout the project. Please take the time to familiarise yourself if possible.
- Mentorchains GSuite Email (username@mentor_chains.com) - Please take the time sign in and setup. All notifications will be sent to this email, so please setup forwarding if you think you’ll miss updates!
- Slack for Team Comms. Please join the team8-mljune2020 channel once you’re signed in.
- Google Drive for project file storage. I’ve put some pre-reading there already if you’re interested.
- Google Colab for running our models (with free GPU, courtesy of Google).
- Github for hosting our codebase.
- Kanbanchi for project and task management (GSuite app, super easy to use).
Please feel free to reach to me if you have any further questions! We will run through these tools in more detail in the following week.