Suchipatel - Hardware Engineering (Level 1) Pathway

Technical Area: Learning Python

Tools: STEM-Away forum Google Suite Trello Discord

Soft Skills: Planning Time management

3 Achievement Highlights Getting a better idea of what the hardware engineering team will be doing. Understanding the syntax used with Python. Getting used to the communication platforms.

Goals for the upcoming week: Practice with Python Learning Github Learning Jupyter notebooks

A detailed statement of tasks done: I joined the internship a few days ago, so I spent the past few days learning the Stem-Away platform and familiarizing myself with the projects. I watched recordings of meetings that already took place. After a few meetings with project leads, I began to work on the skills needed for the projects. I have been working on understanding Python.

Technical Area: Learning Jupyter notebooks and Github

Tools: STEM-Away forum, Google Suite, Trello, Discord, Jupyter notebooks

Soft Skills: Planning, Time management

3 Achievement Highlights: Learning how to use Jupyter notebooks, learning Github and how it works, and filling out the animal database

Goals for the upcoming week: Practicing with my board that came in yesterday and working with my partner to come up with a program that displays text or speaks it using the board.

A detailed statement of tasks done: I spent time learning Jupyter notebooks and Github by watching videos and reading articles online. I also did some practice with each of them. I attended this week’s meeting. I then worked on filing out the animal database.

Technical Area: Learning PYNQ board and coding in Python

Tools: STEM-Away forum, Google suite, Trello, Discord, Jupyter notebooks, PYNQ, Python

Soft Skills: Planning, time management

3 Achievement Highlights: Learning the pieces of my board, getting my board up and running, and working on code to display text for the Pokedex project

Goals for the upcoming week: Continuing to practice with my board and working on creating a background image with text and an image that works for all the animals in the database.

A detailed statement of tasks done: I spent time unboxing and taking a look at each of the components that came with the PYNQ board. I worked on getting it connected and learning how to use it with Jupyter notebooks. I also worked on code that would create a blank image and display text on it, that would be used later to show the fun facts about the animal that was identified.

Technical Area: Coding using Python and Jupyter notebooks

Tools: STEM-Away forum, Google suite, Trello, Discord, Jupyter notebooks, PYNQ, Python, Google draw

3 Achievement Highlights: Creating the output card for the Pokedex project and working on code that would fill in the spots on the output card based on the animal

Goals for the upcoming week: Continuing to practice with my board and working on a program that counts the number of times a certain animal is recognized

A detailed statement of tasks done: I spent time working on an output card with the proper dimensions. I first tried using an app called Photo Image Editor Pixelstyle, but I had a lot of trouble with it. I then switched to Google draw and had better luck. I used this output card and worked with a group member to create a program that filled in the items on the card.

Technical Area: Coding using Python and Jupyter notebooks

Tools: STEM-Away forum, Google suite, Trello, Discord, Jupyter notebooks, PYNQ, Python, Google draw

3 Achievement Highlights: Rearranging the output card for the Pokedex project, creating a new spreadsheet to count the number of times an animal was encountered and working on code that would print this value to the card

Goals for the upcoming week: Work on the final presentation slides and practice my presentation section

A detailed statement of tasks done: I created a spreadsheet that would count the number of times a certain animal was encountered. I then changed the card to add spots for the name of the animal and the number of times it was encountered. Then, I worked with my group to put code together that would count the number of times an animal was encountered and print the number onto the card.