Shubham_Singla - UX & UI Pathway

Week: (From starting to 05-08-2020)

Overview of Things Learned: Learn about UX research - proper methods to follow, learned about 5 design principles, empathy maps, affinity mapping, personas, how to conduct research, and interviews.
If I talk in detail about these then I can say in 5 design Principles, I learn - Emhathasize, Define, Ideate, Prototype, Test.
For the Emphathasize part, we understand the user, what they really think, in ideate part, we understand their pain points in which we make personas, do empathy mapping, and make use of bull eye diagrams to sort things easily. In ideate part we usually make some lo-fi wireframes and then finally the prototype, then comes the user testing part.

Technical Area: Not much technical(TBH) here but got to know about some tools like Mural which is very useful in the design process for collaboration like online we can sort cards, put our views via sticky notes.
For the meeting, we generally use Meet which I don’t consider as a technical thing but yea still it comes under it.

Tools: Mural, Pen&Paper( for wireframing), I personally used Adobe XD for self-work, but in Team, we used Figma for lo-fi wireframing.

Soft Skills: Communication skills, Collaboration, Time punctuality.

Achievement Highlights Learned about the UX research and from there on making the Stem away platform better by working on it. The best part is able to communicate with guys from different locations across the world, got to know about how cool if we learn and apply with different people online.

Meetings attended 5-6( only 1 is skipped due to some personal problems). Irrespective of these there are some group meetings too.

Goals for the Upcoming Week Prepare the lo-fi wireframes and then convert it into hi-fi

Tasks Done: Created personas, empathy maps, and took research interviews.

Week: 2 AUG - 9 AUG

Overview of Things Learned: This time we learned more about lo-fi wireframing and interactive prototyping. Create some lo-fi prototypes to test our work. This week we also got to know about what is usability testing, this is basically done once your whole product is built i.e to test the product whether it’s solving the right problem or not or liked by the user or not after all the product is for users only.

Technical Area: Not much technical(TBH) here but got to know about some tools like Mural which is very useful in the design process for collaboration like online we can sort cards, put our views via sticky notes.
For the meeting, we generally use Meet which I don’t consider as a technical thing but yea still it comes under it.

Tools: Mural, Pen&Paper( for wireframing), I personally used Adobe XD for self-work, but in Team, we used Figma for lo-fi wireframing.

Soft Skills: Communication skills, Collaboration, Time punctuality.

Achievement Highlights Got my hands on lo-fi prototyping and get better at it. So, this is one of the major achievements of this week.

Meetings attended 3-4 group meetings. Irrespective of these there are some personal group meetings too + session with benjamin too.

Goals for the Upcoming Week Prepare the hi-fi prototypes

Tasks Done: Created lo-fi wireframes.

Week: 12/08/2020 - 18/08/2020

Overview of Things Learned: In this week I learned about Hi-fi and interactive prototype. We create our hi-fi prototype from the previously created lo-fi wireframe. Also, we did prototyping too, to make our final prototype interactive for the user.

Technical Area:

Majorly I use Adobe XD and Figma for prototyping and we use slack and google meet for communication.

Tools: Slack (for communication ), Google Meet (for team meetings), Figma&Adobe XD (for creation of prototypes)

Soft Skills: Communication skills, teamwork, Collaboration

Achievement Highlights: Created hi-fi prototype from our lo-fi prototype and make it interactive.

Meetings attended: 13/08, 15/08 + (Attended all the individual group meetings)

Goals for the Upcoming Week:

present our final high-fidelity prototype

Tasks Done:

Created hi-fi prototype + we worked on our HMW statement and our slides + We worked on the feedbacks that we receieved from the mentors and Deb on our previous prototype and make it better.