Smits_Gupta - Machine Learning Pathway

ML_Team2_Smits Gupta

My first self-assessment
What I Learned:

1. Technical area
    I learned how to do web scraping with different packages in Python - beautifulsoup and scrapy
  2. Tools
    I learned how to use Asana, Stem-Away and Google Colab
  3. Soft-skills
    Leadership skills - I have assigned tasks to the team
    Communication Skills - Organized meetings and shared the different text pre-processing steps with the team
    Three achievement highlights:
    Navigated through different tools like G-suite, Asana and Stem-Away
    Helped the team members with technical issues - guide them with text analytics methods
    Step up the tasks in Asana and monitored them
    Co-ordinate team building activities with Khanh and Xianbo
    Meetings/training sections:
    Weekly Monday team meetings, team lead meetings
    Weekly lead meetings (ML pathway)
    Webinars: ML, Asana, industry mentors for text-classification & Git
    Tasks I did:
    I prepared a document with different text pre-processing steps and created a starter code in Python
    I assigned tasks for the team in Asana
    I checked the codes for my team and assisted the team with text analytics queries
    Goal for next week:
    I plan to present BERT to the team - create a starter code for them

2nd Assessment

ML_Team2_Smits Gupta

Technical area
I am learning new things about Natural Language Processing each and everyday. Apart from the training sessions from our Industry mentors, my team members are also sharing their knowledge/insights with me. The training sessions with Colins has been very informative since we learned the architecture of BERT.
Tools
I am mostly responsible for assigning tasks for my team in Asana - I am learning about it slowly. We have faced access issues for some of my team members but it’s getting resolved.
Soft-skills
Leadership skills - I have assigned tasks to the team
Communication Skills - Organized meetings and assisted the different team members with the queries with text analytics. As an ML lead, I have also helped our technical lead conduct a webinar about BERT.
Three achievement highlights:
Gained more insights about the different tools like G-suite, Asana and Stem-Away
Helped the team members with technical issues - guided them with text analytics methods
Step up the tasks in Asana and monitored them
Co-ordinate team building activities with Khanh and Xianbo - helped Xianbo conduct a webinar in BERT
Meetings/training sections:
Weekly Monday team meetings, team lead meetings
Weekly lead meetings (ML pathway)
Webinars: Industry mentors training about NLP
Tasks I did:
I performed text analytics pre-processing myself and researched more about BERT
I helped our technical lead conduct the webinar about BERT
I assisted my team members with any NLP queries
Task next Monday
I want to create a presentation to introduce recommendation system to the team

Final assessment
Most of the members of my team worked with BERT to do the text classification. Some of us decided to scrap the data directly from the website again and apply BERT on the sentences. I created a training material about recommendation system and provided some information of how the recommendation system works.
We are in the process of creating our presentation for the next week where we showcase our project and learnings/take-aways from it.
I am waiting for the AWS credentials so that we can learn how to deploy our machine learning model using flask and Docker.
Learning
My team members are technically very sound and we brainstorm during our meetings to come up with different solutions to get our project up to speed.
We also shared some training materials and learned a lot from our tech lead which helped us to move forward with our project.
Training from Colin, going through several tutorials and collaborating with the different team members was very beneficial to me.
Tools
I have learned to use Collab more efficiently in these 5 weeks. I am waiting to learn new things like docker, flask so that we can deploy our machine learning models
Soft-skills
This project has helped me hone my leadership skills and I loved collaborating with different team members from different parts of the world.
Achievements:
1>I have explained the team about the different recommendation system.
2>I have implemented a pre-trained BERT model on our dataset
3> We are preparing the final presentation for the model we built for the last 5 weeks.