Tld70 - UX & UI Pathway

Things Learned:
I’ve learned what UX Design is and the applications of UX. I’ve also learned who potential stakeholders are for STEM-away, the development of a persona, how to do research, how to make an empathy map, and the correct way to interview a person without overwhelming them.

The tools I’ve learned how to use is Balsamiq which is a simple visual tool for setting up a website.

Soft skills that I have learned are interviewing skills, and design skills for a website that I can build upon.

Achievement Highlights:
I learned to draft and create a simple website design and an empathy map. I also learned how to use Balsamiq to make a simple wire frame of a website.

Meetings/Training
I’ve attended the group meetings that were available to me as an observer. I believe I’ve missed two now but I always go back to watch the recordings.

Goals for the Upcoming Week:
My goals are to become more familiar with the tools available and to be able to join group discussion more effectively.

Tasks Done:
I’ve created an empathy map for an undergraduate student, a design for the STEM-away homepage, and I’ve used Balsamiq to create a wireframe.

Things Learned:
I’ve learned how to develop a persona, an empathy map, and correct ways to do interviews.

The tools I’ve learned how to use is Balsamiq for wireframing and Asana for project management.

Soft skills that I have learned are interviewing skills, and design skills for websites along with project management skills.

Achievement Highlights:
I learned to draft and create a simple website design and an empathy map. I also learned how to use Balsamiq to make a simple wire frame of a website.

Meetings/Training
I’ve attended the group meetings that were available to me as an observer. I’ve missed some due to work, but I always go back to watch recordings.

Goals for the Upcoming Week:
To become more familiar with Figma.

Tasks Done:
I’ve created an empathy map for an undergraduate student, a design for the STEM-away homepage, used Balsamiq to create a wireframe, and became more familiar with tools such as Asana and Figma.