Frances - Machine Learning Pathway

• Concise overview of things learned. Break it up into Technical Area, Tools, Soft Skills
  1. Technical Area: automate browsers and scrape data from websites using Selenium
  2. Tools: Slack, GitHub, Selenium with Python
  3. Soft Skills: collaborate with teammates
  • Three achievement highlights
  1. Learned how to use Selenium library to automate browsers
  2. More understanding of web scraping (different approaches)
  3. First time using Slack to collaborate on projects, communicate within team and sub-team
  • List of meetings/ training attended including social team events Zoom and Google meetings

• Goals for the upcoming week. Next self-assessment will be due on the following Tuesday 06/23 Clean the data we collected, start to build ML models

• Detailed statement of tasks done. State each task, hurdles faced if any and how you solved the hurdle. You need to clearly mark whether the hurdles were solved with the help of training webinars, some help from project leads or significant help from project leads.

1. Set up Slack and GitHub account
  2. Scraped data from Amazon Seller Forums under the “Amazon Health” category. Amazon Store data in “title, category, sub-category, URL, post-contents, and post-responses” columns using Pandas data frames and saved as csv files. Hurdle: I had some problems at first with Selenium. My code couldn’t find the elements that I was looking for and gave me error messages. I solved it by referring to my teammate’s code and searching on the internet myself.

Concise overview of things learned. Break it up into Technical Area, Tools, Soft Skills
I have learned about BERT for the first time and gained a deeper understanding of NLP.

Three achievement highlights
BERT

List of meetings/ training attended including social team events
Attended Zoom meetings and watched recordings of meetings and webinars that I could not attend.

Goals for the upcoming week. Next self-assessment will be due on the following Tuesday 06/23
Keep learning about BERT and try to apply DistilBERT to the data we collected and combined.

Detailed statement of tasks done. State each task, hurdles faced if any and how you solved the hurdle. You need to clearly mark whether the hurdles were solved with the help of training webinars, some help from project leads or significant help from project leads.
Watched videos and researched about BERT.