Kristen_15 - Bioinformatics Pathway

• Concise overview of things learned. Break it up into Technical Area, Tools, Soft Skills:
    Technical Area: I understand the main ideas of the paper and the genetics aspect behind these ideas. I know the basics of R and Python.
    Tools: We began Python Training this week and continued the R trainings. Also, I understand the tools used in the laboratories used to obtain this data.
    Soft Skills: We used the breakout rooms when debriefing the paper, so I feel more comfortable discussing content with people whom I have never met. Also, I am confident now using all of the new forms of communication and organization such as Slack, the STEM-Away forums and Google Calendar.

• Three achievement highlights:

1. Started Python for the first time ever.
  2. Defined the genetic terms used in the paper, which helped me understand the content.
  3. Understand the main purpose and conclusions of the paper.
  • List of meetings/ training attended including social team events:
    6/1 Technical Training Webinar, 6/1 Team 4 Meeting, 6/2 R Training, 6/3 Technical Training Webinar, 6/5 R Training Workshop, 6/5 Team 4 Happy Hour, 6/8 Team 4 Meeting, 6/9 R training, 6/9 Python Training, 6/10 Technical Training Webinar, 6/11 Gene Team Meeting, 6/12 R training

• Goals for the upcoming week:
    Use this time to solidify my basic understandings of R and Python, understand the figures included in the paper, and go to Happy Hour!